If you are a new indie author or one who has a few books under their belt you know that one of the biggest parts is marketing your books. Somedays it feels as if you promote more than you write. This especially happens when you have a new release. I know that is usually the case for myself. I have compiled a short list of marketing tools that can help you up your book marketing game. Some of these come out of my 30 Day Publishing Blueprint e-book that is currently on sale for .99 cents.
Marketing Tips For Your Book
- Set up a blog tour. This is awesome for release days/weeks.
- Create a street team. People who love you and your books and love to talk about them.
- Create a book trailer. People are visual and book trailers peak interest and will make people want to see what your book is about and READ it.
- Send out a newsletter and build your list. (Offering a freebie for people who sign up for your newsletter works awesome).
- Facebook promotions groups. It works awesome to share your new releases and sales with people who are actively looking for new books to read. I have a list of such groups in this post here.
- Free book promo websites. This list here has several, keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list, there are tons of these sites online.
- Video. Post videos to your Facebook page for more eyes on you and your brand or to your YouTube channel. Talk about books, your book, do a video each week where you talk about characters from your books.
- Use very relevant hashtags on Twitter. People search hashtags all the time, use hashtags that will get eyes on your book and make readers interested.
- Guest post on other book blogs and the sites of other authors. And have them guest post for you.
- Online events. Host release events on Facebook, and invite bloggers, readers and of course fellow authors participate.
- Contests and giveaways. Fans love free stuff, so giveaway fun stuff like books, swag that features your book, and other fun things. Sometimes I like to give away things from my Etsy shop.
- Be active in the author and book community and being yourself goes a long way for book marketing.
- Thunderclap campaigns. These are awesome for an explosion of eyes on your book.
- Google+ Hangouts for reader talks. Set them up as a Facebook event with a link to your hangout and have a conversation with your readers and other authors. Answer questions and talk books.
- Give devoted fans sneak previews of your books. They will help build release hype and get your book out there.
Also don’t forget to pick up the 30 Day Publishing Blueprint for tips and a day by day guide to get your book published.